DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
HEADQUARTERS UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
WASHINGTON. D.C. 20380
29 Feb 1972
MARINE CORPS BULLETIN 1650
From: Commandant of the Marine Corps
To: Distribution List
Subj: Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citiation Civil Actions Color (First Class)
Ref: (a) SECNAVINST 1650.1D (NOTAL)
(1) List of eligible units of the First Marine Division
(2) List of elegible units of the First Marine Aircraft Wing.
1. Purpose. To announce subject award to Marine Corps units.
2. Information. The Secretary of the Navy has accepted the Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit
Citation Civil Actions Color (First Class) for the First Marine Division and the First Marine Aircraft Wing for the period 21
September 1969 - 20 November 1970.
3. Personnel Eligible. Personnel attached to and serving with the units listed in enclosures (1) and
(2) during the dates indicated, or any part thereof, are entitled to and authorized to wear the Vietnamese Civil Actions Ribbon
Bar with Palm and Frame in accordance with reference (a).
a. For Active Duty Personnel. Commanding Officers will review personnel records and authorize the
wearing of the ribbon by eligible personnel under their command.
b. For Inactive Personnel. The Commandant of the Marine Corps will announce subject award through
all available news media and will furnish similar information to inactive durty personnel concerning the method of applying
for the award.
c. Ribbon Bar. The ribbon bar will not be issued by this Headquarters but may be purchased at Marine
Corps Exchanges and military shops. The bar will be worn with 9/16" palm and frame. The palm device is the same as authorized
for the Unit Cross of Gallantry.
5. Reserve Applicability. This Bulletin is applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
6. Self-Cancellation. 31 December 1972.
signed/ H.E. SPIELMAN
DISTRIBUTION: A less 7000118
Chief of Staff, U.S. Army
Chief of Naval Operations
Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Force